Bringing Her Home

Bringing my New Trailer Home

Once we decided to buy her we had to get her home.  We could not risk trying to tow her, she had been sitting for about 20 years who knows what could happen on the road!
We hired a flat bed tow truck to get it home.  Sorry no photo of the truck.



I was so excited to get started.  The first thing was to get the extra stuff out.  The ancient microwave, the disgusting mattresses and the filthy carpet! 



We got started with all the extra stuff then ripped up the carpet.  To our surprise there were boards under the carpet, maybe that should have been our first clue something was up.  Actually it should have been our second.  Our son's head was brushing the ceiling inside the trailer.





So we started working on the boards. 

We had to pry up a section with a crow bar to get things started.  These boards were installed really well.

Maybe I should not have been surprised by what we found...

Yep, that's water damage.  We have to make sure that we walk on the cross bars of the actual trailer or else we could go right through the floor!  You can see how thick the floor boards where and with the carpet it probably added 2 inches in flooring.  Now that both are gone we have added more headroom in the trailer.

At this point I started to have a bit of buyers remorse.  I was a bit upset about it.  A little later my husband says to me "Don't take it so seriously".   That was all I needed to hear.  It will be OK, it's just a bigger job than we thought it was going to be.  

Just a few more parting shots:

Looking through the back window .

We have to watch how we get into the trailer.  I can poke my finger through the hole!

The metal is the wheel well.  The original flooring is all curled up.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I Bought A Travel Trailer

Where to Work?

Corner Molding