Windows

WINDOWS


If you have not noticed I did pull the windows out.  It was one of the first things I started on after cleaning out the stuff.
I had two firsts:

1. Just how many screws are in this camper
2. Dealing with Butyl tape 



There is a a screw just about every 5 inches around every window.  Thank goodness for Brian's hammer screwdriver, or what I would call it, a power screwdriver.


Once all the screws were out these window don't just fall out.  This is where the butyl tape comes in.  It's this sticky stuff that comes in a strip about 1/2 wide like a roll of tape.  You stick it on to the edge of the window and stick it into the opening.  This creates a water proof seal.  A lot of times this tape dries up in older trailers.  Not Lettie.  Her's was still sticky!  So once those screws were out I needed a flat scrapper to get in between then window frame and the trailer skin to pry out the window.

Now that they are out I have a winter project of cleaning them up.  I feel pretty good about them, there are only a couple of panes that need replacing.


I also want to try to clean up the window cover!  Good Luck to me!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I Bought A Travel Trailer

Where to Work?

Corner Molding